Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BFS # 121 - Obey Your Thirst (Sprite)



Memory Verse: Psalm 69:21 They put poison in my food; in my thirst, they gave me vinegar to drink.

Introduction: Obey Your Thirst (Sprite) In this Psalm, terrible things are plaguing David. He’s seeking the Lord, as he has that sinking feeling, that desperate thing of alienation and abandonment… and they try to poison him and give him vinegar - GROSS! How Vile! Sometimes when we’re sick, we have that sinking desperate feeling, we call out to God, we call out for healing.

Assignment: Tell us the most vile “remedy” you’ve ever had to consume in order to be rid of that “plague”. Was it something prescribed by a Medical Doctor? or was it an herbal remedy? We all know that Buckley’s commercial, it tastes awful, but it works. Would you take this remedy again? Did it work? Can you get your children to take it?

When I was about 7 years old, I had a terribly upset stomach. My mother gave me Peptobismal to help settle it and it tasted so bad, it made me vomit! I've never taken it again and never given it to my children.

The worst tasting stuff I've ever had was given to me in the hospital before my c-sections. It was bad enough the first time I had it but with my second baby I had to take it twice! It has to be taken a certain length of time before going into surgery. The nurse gave it to me and then there was a delay in taking me to surgery because of an emergency c-section being done so I had to take it again! YUCK!

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing how our brains can remember a vile taste from our childhoods.

    Welcome to Blogger Friend School

    Mrs. Sombra
    BFS Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a c-section but I've taken Pepto plenty of times...my daughter loves the taste of it.

    Mrs. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what were they giving the stuff for? To make you puke? Or relax or what? Cannot say I blame ya on not wanting to ever taste it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eww I have had 4 c-sections and have had to drink that vile stuff as well. I forgot about it though till reading your post. I think I have blocked it out. LOL
    Lori
    homeschoolblogger.com/pearcefamily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I can't believe anyone likes the taste of Pepto. Although, my son was really easy to give meds to because he liked the taste of them. Yuck!

    Sheri, they give that stuff to neutralize your stomach acid - I guess so you don't throw up in surgery? It's terrible!

    ReplyDelete